Build your career in Occupational Health Nursing
Get the edge in your Occupational Health Nursing career. Enrol in the program designed by current industry practitioners and delivered with the occupational health experience of 22 years in industry. Learn from a national provider to all industries that lives this work every day.
- Flexible study options
- Blended programs (online and face to face) with trainer contact via email, phone, webinar and face to face sessions.
This course provides you with the knowledge and skills to be able to undertake the role of an Occupational Health Nurse. On completion of this program you’ll walk away with the underpinning knowledge and skills needed to successfully undertake your role.
- Understand the role of the Occupational Health Nurse;
- Understand relevant OHS legislation and risk management processes;
- Be ready to contribute to the management of workplace emergency procedures;
- Help people return to work successfully;
- Undertake and manage workplace drug and alcohol testing programs;
- Undertake spirometry assessments to understand respiratory health;
- Know how to perform both qualitative and quantitative respiratory fit testing;
- Know how to promote health and wellbeing effectively in the workplace.
Well experienced, engaging and informative trainer.
Easy to understand course, great learning environment.
The course was very relating and informing. Very well presented.
What You Will Learn
Cluster 1 – Introduction to Occupational Health Nursing
The role of the Occupational Health Nurse
Introduction to workplace disease and occupational health
The Management of Health in the Workplace – Introduction to workplace health and safety
- BSBWHS412 – Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
The Management of Health in the Workplace – Introduction to risk management in the workplace
- BSBRSK401 – Identify risk and apply risk management processes
Cluster 2 – Workplace Incident Response and Injury Management
Respond to Incidents
- BSBWHS416 – Contribute to workplace incident response
Managing the return of injured workers
- BSBWHS417 – Assist with managing WHS implications of return to work
Cluster 3 – Health Monitoring and Surveillance
Implementation, management and delivery of workplace drug and alcohol testing services
- HLTPAT005 – Collect specimens for drugs of abuse testing
Health Monitoring and surveillance in the workplace
- Spirometry, Respiratory Fit Testing
- The Spirometry program also meets the standards stipulated by The Thoracic Society of Australia and New Zealand (TSANZ). It also meets The Standards for Spirometry Training Courses for the delivery of Spirometry for Coal Mine Workers. Please see the following link for more details – Standards for Spirometry Training Courses. The program is also approved by Coal Services.
The KINNECT Training Course in Occupational Health Nursing is a comprehensive program tailored to meet industry needs and has been developed with consideration of thorough industry contact. It is a blend of accredited and non-accredited programs with the primary focus of meeting the needs of industry for Occupational Health Nurses.
The program is broken into 3 clusters –
- Introduction to Occupational Health Nursing – (safety and risk management and the role of the Occupational Health Nurse)
- Workplace Incident Response and Injury Management
- Health Monitoring and Surveillance (worker and environmental health monitoring, surveillance and health promotion).
All clusters require the completion of a mix of an online theory component, face to face class sessions and webinar participation. A variety of contact means you have the opportunity to apply the theoretical concepts through the practical activities and have regular contact with Assessors and content experts. The flexible design means all students are eligible to attend stand alone public course sessions for relevant units that are run by KINNECT Training throughout the year. See our public course training calendars for more information on available programs to suit your schedule.
Certificate IV in Workplace Health and Safety
Units of Competency completed within this program may be considered for a certificate level program such as Certificate IV in Workplace Health and Safety. Contact KINNECT Training for more information.
KINNECT Training delivers and assesses the Nationally Recognised units in this program on behalf of Trainwest (RTO#51807) and the Statements of Attainment will be issued by Trainwest.
KINNECT Training will issue Statements of Completion for “Course in Occupational Health Nursing” and the non-accredited units in this program.
Who should be doing this course
This Course in Occupational Health Nursing is designed for those wishing to undertake a career in the occupational health nursing field or those wishing to further their knowledge in this area.
It is designed to meet the needs of practitioners engaged in a variety of settings and industries, including –
- Those directly engaged by organisations and require an Occupational Health Nurse
- Organisations undertaking workplace medical services such as pre-employment medicals and health surveillance
This program is designed for accredited nursing professionals wishing to pursue a career in the Occupational Health Nursing field, and as such, formal qualification as an Enrolled or Registered Nurse is recommended.
WHY STUDY WITH US?
Industry Relevant Programs
Rigorous industry consultation ensures the programs we deliver give you the outcome needed to be effective at work and in your career.
Flexible Delivery Options
Programs delivered to suit your work requirements and lifestyle with the ability to switch between delivery styles.
Driven for Results
Trainers with industry qualifications, real world experience and a passion in their field to make sure you get the outcomes you need.
FACE TO FACE COURSE DATES
What if there's no face to face courses available?
If you are unable to select a date to enrol in the face to face section, this means course dates have not been scheduled yet. You can register your interest by completing this form and we’ll let you know if any courses pop-up in the future.
HOW TO GET STARTED
We Make Contact
After you enrol, we will contact you to confirm your details, where the training will be held and if you have any dietary requirements. If you’re completing a blended delivery we will make sure you know how to complete it.
Enjoy your course day(s)! Don’t worry about bringing food or drinks, we cater for all of our face to face courses. After the course you will be given access to our knowledge base, so you can stay updated with all the relevant industry information.