Learn how to manage fatigue risk in your workplace
Fatigue is more than simply feeling tired or drowsy, it is an overwhelming sense of tiredness and feelings of exhaustion associated with impaired physical or cognitive functioning. Pending the degree of impairment, individuals can be placed at risk of injury, illness or even death.
Multiple factors can be associated with the development of fatigue and fatigue will often affect people in different forms, whether it be their physical or mental performance that is impaired. It is for this reason that KINNECT have developed a comprehensive Supervisor Fatigue Management Training Program that provides participants with an understanding of fatigue, the signs and symptoms of, causes and considerations and related consequences.
The training also provides participants with practical and realistic management strategies for workers to overcome their fatigue and achieve better quality rest, thus improving their health whilst reducing their risk.
This course provides you with the knowledge and skills –
- to identify signs and symptoms of fatigue in your employees
- to understand fatigue management strategies to minimise the risk of accidents and injuries of your employees.
In the mining industry?
Contact us to learn more about how this program can meet the recommendations outlined in the QGN 16 Guidance Note for Fatigue Risk Management as produced by the Queensland Department of Natural Resources and Mines.
What You Will Learn
The KINNECT Training Supervisor Fatigue Management Program is a 4 hour interactive program encompassing –
- information on fatigue, what causes it and how it can affect people in a variety of ways,
- information on health effects of shiftwork,
- fatigue and health factors that influence sleep,
- how to report fatigue problems and use the recommended Employee Assistance Program (EAP) or health services on-site,
Participants will learn to identify signs of fatigue within and outside their workplaces, and fatigue management strategies are discussed which include the management of commuting to/from work, diets around shifts, nutrition, hydration, caffeine use, naps, lighting and physical activity.
On completion, Supervisors will be able to –
- identify the signs and symptoms of fatigue in crews and individuals,
- communicate policies, procedures and systems of fatigue risk management to workers,
- identify workers who require referrals to EAP or occupational health services for conditions (or situations) that may influence their FFW due to fatigue,
- identify fatigue causal factors in their investigation of incidents or near misses,
- manage potentially fatiguing conditions such as overtime, scheduling changes, rostering, etc according to site policies and risk management processes.
Face to face
- 4 hour course
- Conducted at one of KINNECT’s Training Facilities or at your Workplace
Statement of Completion
Completion of this will result in the awarding of a Statement of Attendance issued by KINNECT Training.
This course is designed for participation by all Managers, Team Leaders and Supervisors interested in managing their own fatigue risk and understanding how they can participate in the management of fatigue risk in the workplace.
There are no pre-requisites for this program.
WHY STUDY WITH US?
Industry Relevant Programs
Rigorous industry consultation ensures the programs we deliver give you the outcome needed to be effective at work and in your career.
Flexible Delivery Options
Programs delivered to suit your work requirements and lifestyle with the ability to switch between delivery styles.
Driven for Results
Trainers with industry qualifications, real world experience and a passion in their field to make sure you get the outcomes you need.
What if there's no face to face courses available?
If you are unable to select a date to enrol in the face to face section, this means course dates have not been scheduled yet. You can register your interest by completing this form and we’ll let you know if any courses pop-up in the future.
Can we have this delivered by webinar / video conferencing?
Yes, absolutely. We can provide the program via our Zoom or Teams platforms or can deliver via your own video conferencing system.
HOW TO GET STARTED
We Make Contact
We will contact you to confirm the details, where the training will be held, number of students, any particular program requirements etc. Once we have all the information needed we will provide a delivery proposal and costs.
We’ll send our experienced Trainer to your location with all the resources needed for delivery. We’ll make resources available for students via our knowledge base so you can stay updated on the topic.