Office ergonomics for working safely at the office or home
Understand the benefits and limitations of sitting and standing while doing computer work. Learn to adjust your office workstation to reduce fatigue, pain and discomfort and achieve postures that improve health and well-being. Perfect for people setting up for work at home.
This program will teach you how to assess your own work area and make the necessary adjustments, providing a safe and healthy work environment.
The Office Smart – Workstation Ergonomics course will teach you how to correctly setup your office workstation. Whether you are standing, sitting at work by the end of the course you will know how to be office smart.
The course has 5 distinct modules that outline:
- A basic knowledge of the human anatomy
- Sitting workstation and how to best set it up
- Standing workstation and the best practices
- The importance of changing position and micro breaks
- 5 stretches that will change your day
What You Will Learn
The following topics are included in the program.
Introduction to anatomy and physiology
- Specifically relating to demands of working in the office environment;
- Provide appropriate visual description of the tissue changes that can occur with the exposures in the office area;
- Context on how to minimise the effects of sedentary activities;
- The physiology of sitting.
- Principles of seated postures – demonstrating effect on body with poor posture, most commonly noted whens seated and within this work area;
- Design of chairs including the functional adjustments and their purpose – back rest height, lumbar support, backrest angle, seat pan position, ideal height settings;
- Footrest – principles of use, how to assess if you need one;
- Desk (seated) – height, positioning of equipment, use of footrests;
- Desk (standing) – benefits of standing, challenges of standing, height of desk principles, how long to stand for, safety in immediate area i.e. slips, trips and falls potential;
- Monitor – principles of position (standing or sitting), preferred viewing angles for users, effects
of glasses and monitor positions;
- General Layout of Work Areas – preferred reach zone principles for all equipment on the
- Assistance – where to get assistance within the organisation;
- Exercises for working in this environment – pause activities to reduce musculo-skeletal stress in both sitting and standing postures.
This online interactive program has been designed to be completed in between 35-40 minutes and can be completed at a time convenient to you.
If you can’t complete the course all at once, no problem. Come back at another time – you’ll never lose your spot!
- This online course takes approximately 35-40 minutes
- Online interactive program
On Your Company LMS
Put this course on your company’s LMS. You can purchase this off the shelf course via a one time payment with no subscription or expiry date. We can also customise the course to increase the relevance to your company and employees. Call us on 1300 591 548 to discuss the details.
Statement of Completion
Students successfully completing all components of this Office Smart – Workstation Ergonomics Program will be issued a Statement of Completion from KINNECT Training via the learning management system.
Built for everyone doing desk based office work
Anyone who works in an office based setting. Intended for all people doing office based desk work either in the office or at home. Includes sit-stand workstations and setting up the whole environment for comfortable and safe office based work.
There are no formal entry requirements for the entrance into this course. A sound ability to read and write is required. This course includes a voice component and is best completed on a computer or mobile device with sound activated.
WHY STUDY WITH US?
Industry Relevant Programs
Consultation in development and deployment across industry including our team of Physiotherapists, Ergonomists and Occupational Therapists means current ergonomic recommendations that can be implemented straight away.
Flexible Delivery Options
Multiple delivery options for you and your organisation from individual enrolments to large group bulk enrolments, on our Learning Management System (LMS) or yours. Options to suit all situations.
Driven for Results
Relevant and highly interactive learning and assessment so all students can apply the knowledge straight away and have the ability to work comfortably and reduce ergonomic risk immediately.
When should I get my login details?
Enrolment details are generally received within 30 minutes after successful payment to the email address nominated for the student. It may end up in a junk folder so please check there as well. If you don’t receive your login details within this time or require urgent access, please contact us on 1300 591 548 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long does the course take?
This course will take between 30-40 minutes and can be completed in multiple sessions. You won’t lose your spot if you log out.
How do I access my certificate?
Once the course has been completed your certificate will be available from the My Certifications section of your portal.
I've lost my password. What do I do?
You can easily reset your password by following the ‘Forgot Your Password‘ link on the login pop-up.
Is this course nationally recognised?
No. This is a general awareness course and is not nationally recognised. It is however designed according to best practice learning principles.
I'm a booking contact, will I get the login details as well?
No, login details will only go to the email address nominated for the student. NOTE: each student will need their own unique email address in the system as this is their unique identifier.
The person I'm enrolling doesn't have an email address?
Each student in the system must have a unique email address. You are able to provide an alternate email address so the account can be set up. Login details will be emailed to the email address nominated for the student.
I have a lot of staff to enrol, is there a bulk enrolment option?
Yes. Please contact us on 1300 591 548 or email@example.com for options including administrator access to your own learning portal for your business.
HOW TO GET STARTED
We Make Contact
After successful online registration you will receive your logins directly to your inbox and you will be able to start the course immediately. If you are booking for someone else they will receive the access details directly to their inbox!
Complete at your own pace and in multiple sessions if you need. Get straight back to where you left whenever you log back in.