Queensland Workers’ Compensation Regulator Approved Training.
If you are looking to be a Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator in Queensland then this is course is for you.
Complete your training with the confidence knowing you have completed the Queensland Workers’ Compensation Regulator approved program delivered with one of Australia’s leading workplace rehabilitation providers. This program, delivered by current workplace rehabilitation professionals, helps you build the knowledge and skills to be able to assist your workplace in the management and successful return to work for injured employees.
Get injured workers back to work sooner and with better outcomes.
Flexible Delivery Options – Face to Face and Webinar Delivered Programs
- Webinar and Face to face programs (1 day) at your workplace or ours
- Webinar support programs
- Delivered by experienced current industry practitioners
- Always accessible links to valuable resources to help you get started in your role from our new Knowledge Base
I actually think this is the first training where it has been relevant and to the point. I enjoyed it because we were taught the answers as well as helped understand the content, I feel really confident moving forward that I understand how RRTWC works.
Webinar Delivery – Aug 2021
The course was very well run and organised. The engagement and real stories used made the theory applicable.
I really enjoyed the course, your expertise and the training you conducted. You have certainly changed my opinion in regards to completing a course via webinar.
What You Will Learn
Injuries in the workplace can be costly and time consuming. The Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator is an important part in minimising the effect on injured workers and employers and you need to learn from Trainers currently delivering workplace rehabilitation services.
This training includes basic understanding and applying relevant legislation and procedures to ensure compliance in workers’ compensation applications and injury management processes. The course provides an understanding of the workers compensation system in Queensland and focuses on early return to work and injury management principles, effective collaboration with rehabilitation providers, development of suitable duties programs, effective workplace communication and negotiation skills, problem solving in workplace rehabilitation, case and system review techniques and continuous improvement.
Both theoretical and practical scenarios are discussed in the course, building the prospective Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinators’ confidence in the process of managing claims, communicating effectively with relevant stakeholders, identifying suitable duties in the workplace, and effectively assisting the injured worker’s rehabilitation needs and graduated return to work.
As a summary, this Queensland Workers’ Compensation Regulator approved course addresses –
An Introduction to the Queensland Workers’ Compensation System
- Understand the history of workers’ compensation system and an gain an introduction to the current legislative requirements in Queensland
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of all the stakeholders for effective rehabilitation
- Understanding employer and worker rights and responsibilities
- Recognising the benefits of an early and effective return to work and know how to include this principle in your return to work systems
Workers’ Compensation Claims
- Understanding the process when an injury occurs including lodging a workers’ compensation claim, worker support mechanisms and compensation entitlements
- An introduction to claims to determination
Planning and Implementing Rehabilitation at Work
- Understanding rehabilitation services to assist suitable employment
- Design effective suitable duties program
- Understanding basic anatomy and the impact for designing suitable duties for common injuries
- Be able to recognise and address psychosocial and psychological factors affecting return to work outcomes
- Understand how to gain support for the return to work program
Monitoring the Return to Work and Improving systems
- Recognise and address breaches of obligations
- Understanding the end of claim process and working towards optimal outcomes
- Understand how to contribute to continuous improvement with your workplace rehabilitation system
Face to face
- 1 Day Course – 8am – 5.00pm
- Includes lunch
- Delivered by allied health clinicians with extensive experience in rehabilitation and return to work services
How it is delivered:
- 1 day course – 7.45am – 5.00pm
- We will provide some pre-session information to help you get started on the day and a printed copy of the student workbook to use during the webinar
- We will send you a link to the webinar so you can login
- On completion of the webinar you will be required to submit your post session activities
What you need:
- A computer with a microphone so you can participate in the discussions and ask questions
- Ideally a camera as well! (we’d love to see your face)
- A decent internet connection
Note: online self-paced programs are not available for this program.
Queensland Workers’ Compensation Regulator Approved Training Programs
From 1 July 2020, the Workers’ Compensation Regulator commenced an approval process for training courses for RRTWCs . These approved programs are designed to assist the development of skills and knowledge to assist RRTWCs to be able to perform the role of RRTWC as required under the legislation.
Successful completion of this Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator course will result in the awarding of a Statement of Completion for –
Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator Course – Queensland (Queensland Workers’ Compensation Regulator Approved Training Program)
The Program for Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinators in Queensland
This course is suited to those people wanting to become a Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator in Queensland through the completion of a Queensland Workers’ Compensation Regulator approved course. If you meet the requirement to appoint a Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator, you are required to provide the insurer the details of the nominated person and ensure they are suitably qualified to perform the role. The Workers’ Compensation and Rehabilitation Act 2013 notes that a person is deemed to be suitably qualified if they complete a training course approved by the Regulator. This training program meets that requirement.
To understand if your organisation meets the requirement to have a Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator please go to www.worksafe.qld.gov.au .
The program is also suited for Managers and Supervisors wanting to improve their understanding of effective rehabilitation and understand legislative obligations within the workers’ compensation system in Queensland.
Please note that enrolment into this course requires the ability to read and write. If you have any queries in relation to the language and literacy requirements please contact us on 1300 591 548.
There are no pre-requisites for entry into this program but the following skills are important for completing this program –
- A good ability to read and write including ability to research information and provide reason to an decision or opinion
- An ability to convey ideas within a small group
- An ability to read and discuss formal documents such as legislation
- An ability to complete forms and complete written short answer questions
WHY STUDY WITH US?
Industry Approved Programs
Queensland Workers’ Compensation Regulator approved program designed to support you in your role with post-course support through the KINNECT Training Knowledge Base.
Flexible Delivery Options
Programs delivered to suit the needs of work and life with the ability to switch between delivery styles. Face-to-face, webinar and on-site delivery.
Driven for Results
Trainers with a passion for returning people back to work coupled with current real world industry experience and qualifications. Learn the secrets to leading workplace rehabilitation practices.
FACE TO FACE + WEBINAR COURSE DATES
What does 'appropriately qualified' mean for a Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator?
Some changes have occurred around what is needed to be a Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator in Queensland and these take effect on July 1, 2020. Find out more information by clicking the link below.
Is there any pre-reading required prior to the face to face course?
No, all required materials are covered on the day and all resources are provided.
Is there any pre-reading required prior to the webinar?
A little. Just a few short videos prior to the day to help prepare you for the day. You can have a look now if you want –
- Lenny – Back on the road (6.31 minutes) – Click Here to Watch
- WorkCover Qld Video (1.45 minutes) – Your accident insurance policy explained in 90 seconds – Click Here to Watch
- Video 1 (3.21 minutes) – The Health Benefits of Work
- Video 2 (4.54 minutes) – Part 5 Suitable duties and RTW plan with Matt Bannan
How does the webinar delivery work?
Here is a quick outline of the webinar delivery process of the Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator Course.
How it is delivered
- 1 day course via zoom– 7.45am – 5.00pm
- We will provide some pre-session information to help you get started on the day and we will post out a printed copy of the student workbook for you to use during the webinar.
- We will send you a link for the webinar (delivered via the Zoom platform) 2 business days before your course so you can login.
- On completion of the webinar you will be required to submit your post course assessment to firstname.lastname@example.org
What you need
- A computer with a microphone so you can participate in the discussions and ask questions.
- Ideally a camera as well! (we’d love to see your face)
- Strong internet connection
Once I have finished the webinar, how long do I have to submit my assessment?
From completion of the webinar you have one month to submit all your work. We will send you reminders and support is available if needed.
I am no longer available for the webinar or the face to face course. Can I swap my enrolment with someone else?
Yes, we will accept a swap in the enrolled person and full terms and conditions can be seen by clicking here.
Can I still complete the course if I’m not in Queensland?
Yes you can, however this course is designed for those required to meet the requirement to be a Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator in Queensland. The program focuses on Queensland legislation and processes.
How can I contact my trainer for assistance?
You can get in touch with your Trainer by calling 1300 591 548 or emailing email@example.com
Is this RRTWC course offered online?
The Queensland Workers’ Compensation Regulator approved course is not available for online delivery. This style of delivery has not been approved by The Regulator as this point.
KINNECT Training does offer BSBWHS417 – Assist with managing WHS implications of return to work as an online program. Click here to learn more.
HOW TO GET STARTED
We Make Contact
After you enrol, we will contact you to confirm your details, where the training will be held and if you have any dietary requirements. Everything you need to be ready for the day.
Enjoy your course day! Don’t worry about bringing food or drinks, we cater for our face to face RRTWC courses. After the course you will be given access to our knowledge base, so you can stay updated with all the relevant industry information.