Leading Health and Safety Committee Training for a Collaborative Safety Team.
The Health and safety Committee can be an effective medium for understanding, managing and communicating safety through your workplace. Get your stakeholders working effectively together on managing safety can be challenging with a range of obstacles contributing to poor safety culture and performance. Is safety performance at risk in your workplace with –
- Stakeholders not knowing their responsibilities in the work health and safety framework;
- Stakeholders not understanding how to work together effectively to improve processes and prioritise activities;
- Stakeholders not effectively understanding the risk management principles;
- Stakeholders not recognising and respecting the varying priorities of the business.
The trainer was very good and presented the course really well.
A very professional course and Lana was very knowledgeable.
A well delivered course and I felt the trainer is very passionate about the subject.
What You Will Learn
The KINNECT Training Health and Safety Committee Training Program is a full 1 day program. It includes theory with active discussion along with a variety of case studies and role play activities. All with reference to your organisational polices and procedures. In addition the course aims to provide participants with information to assist in enhancing existing consultation mechanisms.
The following topics are covered and organisation contextualisation is available and encouraged.
Topic 1: Introduction to legislation
- Legal framework or workplace health and safety;
- An introduction to relevant Acts, Regulations and Codes of Practice
- Understanding duty holders – the PCBU, Officers, Workers and Others;
- Understanding penalties;
- Introducing Health and Safety Representatives (HSR’s), Health and Safety Committees and Work Health and Safety Officers (WHSO’s)
Topic 2: Functions of Health and Safety Committee
- Establishing a Health and Safety Committee;
- Health and Safety Committee membership;
- The Health and Safety Committee constitution;
- The Functions of the Health and Safety Committee;
- Meeting Times;
- PCBU Obligations;
- Health and Safety Committee type and size;
- Effective practices of Health and Safety Committees;
- Issue Resolution principles.
Topic 3: Roles and Responsibilities
- Committee Chair;
- Health and Safety Representatives (HSR’s);
- Health and Safety Committee members;
- Record Keeping.
Topic 4: Consultation and Communication
- Stakeholders with responsibilities;
- Benefits of consultation;
- Consultation procedure;
- Nature of consultation;
- When to consult;
- Effective consultation;
- HSC/HSR/WHSO in consultation;
- Access to information;
- Shared consultation arrangements;
- Effective Communication Principles;
- Communicating Work Health and Safety information.
Topic 5: Contributing to the Management of Safety in the Workplace
- Safety Management Systems
- Risk Assessments
- Health and Safety Committee roles
• Face to Face – 1 day program;
• Delivered on-site or at our location.
KINNECT Training offers a number of options for the delivery of this program. The standard delivery includes a 1 day program. Delivery time can be adjusted to cater for the needs and goals of the business to ensure all critical areas are covered. Practical workplace activities can be modified to increase relevance and participation. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Statement of Attainment
Completion of this Health and Safety Committee course will result in the awarding of a Statement of Attendance.
This course is recommended for all the members of the Safety Committee. This may include Managers, Supervisors, members of the workforce, elected Health and Safety Representatives and others with safety responsibilities.
There are no formal entry requirements however the program requires the ability to engage in discussion, review documents and contribute to the development of safety processes.
To learn more about the formation of a Health and Safety Committee in your jurisdiction click on the relevant links below.
WHY STUDY WITH US?
Industry Relevant Programs
Rigorous industry consultation ensures the programs we deliver give you the outcome needed to be effective at work and in your career.
Flexible Delivery Options
Programs delivered to suit your work requirements and lifestyle with the ability to switch between delivery styles.
Driven for Results
Trainers with industry qualifications, real world experience and a passion in their field to make sure you get the outcomes you need.
What if there's no face to face courses available?
If you are unable to select a date to enrol in the face to face section, this means course dates have not been scheduled yet. You can register your interest by completing this form and we’ll let you know if any courses pop-up in the future.
Can we have this delivered by webinar / video conferencing?
Yes, absolutely. We can provide the program via our Zoom or Teams platforms or can deliver via your own video conferencing system.
HOW TO GET STARTED
We Make Contact
We will contact you to confirm the details, where the training will be held, number of students, any particular program requirements etc. Once we have all the information needed we will provide a delivery proposal and costs..
We’ll send our experienced Trainer to your location with all the resources needed for delivery. We’ll make resources available for students via our knowledge base so you can stay updated on the topic.