Approved Queensland Health and Safety Representative (HSR) Refresher Course
Well trained and competent Health and Safety Representatives provide value to the organisation by managing health and safety in their workplace. They have an understanding of the Queensland Workplace Health and Safety Act and develop their skills to understand their role as a Health and Safety Representative in Queensland.
KINNECT Training’s Health and Safety Representative Refresher Course is designed for all elected Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs) and Deputy Health and Safety Representatives who have completed the initial 5 day course in Queensland, under the WHS Act 2011.
During their term in office HSRs and Deputy HSRs are entitled to attend a 1 day refresher course at least every three years, commencing from the date of their original training, as outlined under the WHS Act 2011.
The KINNECT Training Health and Safety Representatives Refresher course is approved by Workplace Health and Safety Queensland (WHSQ). For more information on the requirements to be an HSR in Queensland visit the Worksafe Queensland website.
The subject matter is tough to deliver virtually and to keep everyone engaged is difficult, but the trainer did an excellent job!
I had a lot of confidence in the content and the trainer was very knowledgeable.
The course was a little demanding, but the trainer was very professional and helpful in the way they presented it.
What You Will Learn
The Health and Safety Representatives’ Refresher course is designed to renew the skills and knowledge acquired by HSR’s in the initial 5 day Health and Safety Representative’s course and meets the requirements of the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011. On completion of your attendance to this 1 day training refresher course you will have a comprehensive revision of –
- Undertake workplace inspections
- Review the circumstances of workplace incidents
- Accompany a WHSQ inspector during an inspection
- Represent the work group in health and safety matters
- Attend an interview about health and safety matters with a worker from the work group (with the consent of the worker)
- Request that a health and safety committee be established
- Participate in a health and safety committee
- Monitor compliance measures
- Investigate work health and safety complaints from work group members
- Inquire into any risk to the health and safety of workers in the work group
- Issue provisional improvement notices (where the HSR has completed the approved training).
Face to Face
This delivery option includes:
- This initial training program is delivered over 1 day
- Conducted at a KINNECT Training facility or your workplace
- Includes hands on health and safety processes
Statement of Attendance
Completion of this Health and Safety Representatives Refresher course will result in the awarding of a Statement of Attendance. The approved code on the certificate is WHSQ-HSR-NCB01.
KINNECT Training delivers and assesses this program on behalf of Trainwest (RTO#51807) and the Statement of Attendance will be issued by Trainwest.
Health and Safety Representatives
The KINNECT Training Health and Safety Representatives Refresher course is for –
- Elected Health & Safety Representatives and Deputy Health & Safety Representatives that have attended the initial 5-day training
- Elected Health & Safety Representatives that attended the Bridging HSR course (completed in 2012)
For more information on the process of becoming a Health and Safety Representative visit the Queensland Worksafe website.
WHY STUDY WITH US?
Industry Relevant Programs
WorkSafe Queensland approved program and with skilled and experienced Trainers delivering means the best outcome for you or your employees.
Approved Delivery Options
All programs delivered as required by WorkSafe Queensland. Delivered over 1 full day with comprehensive theory and relevant practical activities.
Driven for Results
Trainers with industry qualifications, real world experience and a passion in their field to make sure you get the outcomes you need.
FACE TO FACE COURSE DATES
How long does this coure take to complete?
This Health and Safety Representative Refresher Course requires 1 day of face to face training.
Can I do this course online?
Unfortunately there is no option for the delivery of the Queensland Health and Safety Representative Course online. It must be completed in a face to face manner.
Is there anything else to do after I attend the 1 day?
If all sections of the course have been completed successfully there is no further study requirements.
Where can I do this course?
KINNECT Training runs this course regularly throughout Queensland as public courses and by arrangement for in-house courses.
Public course locations include Brisbane, Gold Coast, Rockhampton, Mackay, Townsville and Cairns.
HOW TO GET STARTED
We Make Contact
After you enrol, we will contact you to confirm your details, where the training will be held and any specific course requirements.
Enjoy your course and prepare for good discussion and plenty of activities. After the course you will be given access to our knowledge base, so you can stay updated with health and safety information and trends.