A ‘how to’ kit for leaders to support mental health at work.
Every person at work will either be directly affected by mental illness or know someone who has been – whether it be someone you line manage, a peer, a family member or friend. Equipping supervisors and managers with the knowledge to spot the signs that someone they know may be struggling with mental health issues is something every workplace can do. More simply, we can learn to spot when “someone isn’t ok” and feel confident to help.
Leadership teams are in a prime position to support and encourage the well being of the people they oversee and by doing so, support and promote the health of the organisation. Supervisors and Managers with skills in understanding mental health in the workplace will contribute to reducing the risk in your workplace.
- Staff will be more engaged – engaged staff will be more motivated and productive, morale will be higher and a happier and healthier workplace retain good staff;
- Employees care about positive workplaces – being known as a workplace that promotes positive mental health and well being can help to recruit and retain the best and brightest people;
- It makes legal sense – when it comes to workplace mental health, employers must follow certain legislative requirements and responsibilities under anti-discrimination, privacy, and work health and safety legislation;
- It has a positive social impact – a mentally healthy workplace can improve the quality of life of employees and their families and positively influence community attitudes about mental health.
Get the skills for you or your management team by attending this valuable 1 day course at our location or yours.
What You Will Learn
A collection of tools to help you spot possible signs of mental ill health in another person and how to provide support until the problem resolves or professional help is available. A bit like providing first aid for psychological health. The aim of Super Mind Support is to –
- Understand what mental health is and why it matters
- Understand common mental health problems and how to respond and provide support
- Understand how to provide OTIS > Observe – Talk – Give Information – Support
- Strategies to prevent mental health problems and support wellness in the workplace
The KINNECT Training Guarantee
Attend any public course as a refresher 12 months after completing this course for no extra cost. KINNECT Training wants you to be confident and capable in your role. Within 12 months of completing this course you are welcome to confirm your knowledge by attending any scheduled public face to face and it’s on us! (Subject to course availability)
Face to face
- 1 Day Course – 9 AM – 3:30PM
- Delivered by Allied Health Clinician with extensive experience in mental health, resilience and well being.
On-site programs are delivered at times to suit you. Contact us for more information on 1300 591 548 or email@example.com.
Statement Of Attendance
Completion of any of these program will result in the awarding of a Statement of Attendance issued by KINNECT Training. Statements are issued electronically but if you need printed versions just let us know (please note fees for printed certificate issue may apply).
Supervisors and Managers
This course is designed for participation by Supervisors and Managers interested in learning strategies to support mental health at work
The aim of the course is to –
- improve your understanding of mental health and why it matters at work;
- learn what you can do to support someone who is experiencing mental health concerns – it’s a bit like providing first aid but for mental health, and;
- learn strategies for promoting mental wellness.
There are no formal entry requirements for the entrance into this course other than the desire to contribute to a mentally healthy workplace. A sound ability to read, write, communicate within the course is required. Active participation is strongly encouraged.
WHY STUDY WITH US?
Industry Relevant Programs
Wide consultation with mental health practitioners and industry have resulted in the development of this leading workplace program to build employee health.
Flexible Delivery Options
Programs to suit all situations. Choose between face-to-face, webinar or blended programs to suit your delivery needs and your learners. Micro-learning and online resources available to support learners.
Driven for Results
Trainers and program designers with dedication and passion for mental wellbeing delivered in conjunction with modern learning techniques so learning can be applied straight away.
FACE TO FACE COURSE DATES
What if there's no face to face courses available?
If you are unable to select a date to enrol in the face to face section, this means course dates have not been scheduled yet. You can register your interest by completing this form and we’ll let you know if any courses pop-up in the future.
HOW TO GET STARTED
We Make Contact
Once the enquiry is received, we will contact you to confirm your program requirements. We will then supply you with a formal delivery proposal and work with you for preferred delivery dates.
The big day! Expect some great discussion and exploration of ideas around mental health and wellbeing. We’ll support your learning with print and online resources for ongoing use.