Training for silica exposure awareness in your workplace.
Give your workforce the ability to understand and manage silica exposure risks.
A new workplace training program to assist businesses to meet their workplace health and safety obligations by providing silica exposure awareness training. This is following the requirement from the regulator on providing information on the potential exposure to silica in your workplace.
- Designed to meet Australian Standards for all workers exposed to silica at work
- Ongoing support and education available to all students
- Australia wide delivery
When does the silica awareness training need to be done?
If your workplace has exposure to silica –
- All workers/employees must undergo awareness training
- Some may require fit testing
What You Will Learn
On successful completion of the program, participants will understand relevant applicable legislation, understand how to be aware of their exposure or potential exposure to silica in a workplace and know the principles of managing their exposure.
The course will include the topics –
- What is Respirable Crystalline Silica (RCS)
- Types of dust (inhalable and respirable)
- Health effects of respirable crystalline silica
- Your past, current and concurrent exposures
- Legislation and guidance materials – what does they mean to you?
- Exposure limits
- Monitoring – air and health
- Control measures available
- Introduction to respirators
- Principles of respirator fitting and care
- Factors that influence your facial fit
Respirator fit testing and fit checking can also be included as part of the program. Contact us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org
Onsite Face to face
1 and 2 hour programs
- Includes thorough theoretical program
- Conducted at one of KINNECT’s Training Facilities or at your workplace
In-house programs can be provided nationally at any site. Please contact KINNECT Training on 1300 591 548, on email@example.com or via the enquiry form on this page for a training proposal.
Statement of Completion
Successful completion of this course will result in the issue of a Statement of Completion for attending Silica Exposure Awareness in the Workplace.
The program is designed to meet relevant Australian and international standards, relevant codes and guidance.
Who is this program for?
This program is designed to improve the understanding application of safety processes for the management of silica exposure for all workers in all industries including construction, manufacturing, mining, service, government and transport industries.
There are no pre-requisites for participation in this program.
WHY STUDY WITH US?
Industry Relevant Programs
Rigorous industry consultation ensures the programs we deliver give you the outcome needed to be effective at work and in your career.
Flexible Delivery Options
Programs delivered to suit your work requirements and lifestyle with the ability to switch between delivery styles.
Driven for Results
Trainers with industry qualifications, real world experience and a passion in their field to make sure you get the outcomes you need.
Is this course nationally recognised?
No. This is a general awareness course and is not nationally recognised. It is however designed according to best practice learning principles.
HOW TO GET STARTED
We Make Contact
We’ll be in touch within 24 hours to discuss, where the training will be held, number of students and any particular program requirements. Once we have all the information needed we will provide a delivery proposal and costs.
We’ll send our experienced Trainer to your location with all the resources needed for delivery. Ongoing resources will be available for students via our knowledge base.